The PSA difference is encapsulated in our mission. There are two simple words that describe who we are and what we do – that is Trusted Care. PSA Healthcare takes pride in providing Trusted Care and support to the people we serve. ACT – Action, Care and Trust represent our goal of providing positive energy, with a sense of urgency, while constantly improving our services. Our employees are essential
to providing our families with trusted and compassionate care.
Reporting Relationship : Director/Clinical Care Manager/Director of Nursing
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Responsibilities and Job Requirements
• Responsible for the delivery and coordination of quality client care in compliance with
• Observes and assesses client condition and care needs continuously. Reports changes in
condition to the supervisor and/or physician as appropriate.
• Takes appropriate nursing action based on assessment and achieves expected outcomes.
• Develops, implements and updates the nursing care plan.
• Provides direct, hands-on care to assigned clients.
• Documents all activities, assessments, nursing actions, responses, and coordination of care in a
timely manner whenever care is delivered.
• Recognizes changes in client needs and responses requiring intervention and implements
care to prevent risk or reduce risk.
• Uses established lines of communication.
• Accepts responsibility for personal and professional accountability by complying with PSA
policies, state and federal regulations, accrediting bodies and the Nurse Practice Act.
• Maintains knowledge of competencies related to the nursing profession by participating in
educational programs, continuing education units, Mosby skills and skill evaluations.
• Participates in orientation of new nurses upon request. Supervises and teaches other nursing
• Maintains client and PSA confidentiality.
• Utilizes time management skills.
• Utilizes effective problem-solving/conflict resolution skills.
• Educates the client and family regarding the disease process, self-care techniques, and
prevention strategies, and in meeting the client’s nursing needs.
• Participates in the QA process as appropriate.
• Maintains professional boundaries at all times.
• Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
• Current and unrestricted RN license to practice in the state for which you are applying
• Current CPR certification
• Current Continuing Education if required by state
• Diploma, Associate or Bachelor degree in nursing from state accredited RN program
• Demonstrated proficiency in clinical assessments, documentation and compliance with
nursing care and policies and procedures
• Good organizational and communication skills
• Additional state specific requirements:
o California- One (1) year of experience required working under current nursing license
o Louisiana- One (1) year of experience required working as a licensed nurse
• Frequent lifting and repositioning of clients
• Repeated or prolonged standing, bending, kneeling, twisting and occasional climbing of stairs
• Acute sense of sight and hearing (corrected or uncorrected) and strong sense of touch and
• Agility and strength sufficient to handle clients and equipment without assistance
• Must be able to appropriately respond physically and mentally to emergency situations in the
home or during transport
• Must be able to function in a wide variety of environments which may involve exposure to
allergens and other health conditions
Requisition ID: R0008754