Zip Code: 30092
Using reports, tools, and other resources provided by Aveanna, the successful candidate in this position is responsible for the proper and complete handling of all aged patient accounts for the sole purpose of collecting the very highest possible percentage of every billed account. This position maintains close contact with branch location personnel while constantly and consistently attempting to ensure maximum payment from all payers is received timely. This includes payment for all primary, secondary, tertiary or any other payer for all billed accounts including any and all guarantors for services provided. This is inclusive of claims to commercial, Medicare, Medicaid and private pay accounts.
Essential Job Duties:
• Works and collects delinquent A/R accounts
• Documents collection efforts in Encore notes screens to include payor contacts, phone
• numbers, issues, actions taken, etc.
• Maintains current AR at an acceptable percent.
• Maintains DSO at an acceptable level.
• Achieves cash goal on a quarterly basis.
• Keeps supervisor, and branch location personnel informed of any significant collection payor or
• processing issues.
• Submits adjustments in an accurate and timely manner.
• Requests Bridge Tickets to correct and update Encore.
• Works with Biller to ensure claims are refiled and/or billed to the second insurance in a timely
• Understands payor specific requirements for submitting claims (i.e. includes CMN's, nursing
• notes, invoices, etc.).
• Understands and enforces SOX 404 controls
• Reviews and responds to correspondence received from payors.
• Reviews and submits guarantor statements as required. Responds to questions from patients
• regarding statements.
• Addresses denials in an accurate and timely manner.
• Completes document request forms and forwards to location as required.
• Provides exceptional customer service.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum six (6) month prior healthcare insurance experience.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Computer literate and ability to type, file and maintain audit records.
Requisition ID: R0008759